POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : First Post (twisted sphere, perturbed plain) : Re: First Post (twisted sphere, perturbed plain) Server Time
8 Aug 2024 18:13:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: First Post (twisted sphere, perturbed plain)
From: PM 2Ring
Date: 14 Jul 2005 07:50:01
Message: <web.42d650a3cff73f4ebb4450f20@news.povray.org>
"Joanne Simpson" <cor### [at] onewhiteravencom> wrote:
> "PM 2Ring" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
>
> > Spiky, indeed! I take it you're not a twin-set & pearls kind of girl? :)
>
>  absolutely not! Steel cap boots and denim, unfortunately

You might need them to deal with some of the guys here. :) Only joking,
we're just a bunch of raytracing nerds; it's a jock-free zone. :)

> > Do my eyes deceive me, or is there a little iridescence on that floor?
>
> sorry, your eyes deceive you...

I just zoomed in, & there are definitely some shades of red & green in
there... maybe it's an artifact of using only 8bits/colour. This was
discussed on the forum a week or so back in a thread called "24 bit
dithering", or something like that.