POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Double planetoid WIP (night) : Double planetoid WIP (night) Server Time
8 Aug 2024 12:23:25 EDT (-0400)
  Double planetoid WIP (night)
From: Bill Pragnell
Date: 14 Jul 2005 07:50:00
Message: <web.42d65035d69398be731f01d10@news.povray.org>
Hello all.

Another developmental, this time for the night version. I've switched off
all the foliage, people and detail like windows etc to save time. At
present, each light source is a point-light but I'll probably go for small
area lights eventually.

The previous version used fade_power=2 and looked really cool, but the pools
of light were too small to make out the boulder except in silhouette. This
version uses fade_power=1, and I prefer being able to make out the shape of
the planetoid a little. Plus, those deep shadows on the rock rock!

I've also got radiosity turned on, although the effect is probably too
subtle to see, except for a hint of night sky blue on the upward building
faces.

Comments?

Bill

Post a reply to this message