POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Atmospheric Media Example : Re: Atmospheric Media Example Server Time
8 Aug 2024 12:24:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Atmospheric Media Example
From: Joanne Simpson
Date: 14 Jul 2005 01:05:01
Message: <web.42d5f1c7ff05731a500142a10@news.povray.org>
I have tried a lot of different techniques to simulate rain, include lots of
little drops, media, isosurfaces, etc. In my image for the IRTC
"catastrophe" round, I used a combination of techniques to simulate heavy
rain that you might find useful. Source files are there too.

(http://www.irtc.org/ftp/pub/stills/2005-04-30/irtc0504.jpg)

I think the key things to keep in mind are:
* water acts like a lens, so you need it to refract light
* water falling on hard surfaces will bounce back up and so you need
scattered particles
* things in the rain are wet and will be shiny
* rain will cascade over roofs and overhangs.

Anyway, have a look.

Joanne
http://www.onewhiteraven.com