POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Castle anaglyph : Re: Castle anaglyph Server Time
8 Aug 2024 12:26:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Castle anaglyph
From: PM 2Ring
Date: 11 Jul 2005 22:45:00
Message: <web.42d32e578305499dad93754b0@news.povray.org>
ZeSly <zes### [at] nonenul> wrote:
> >> Wouldn't it be cool to make an anaglyph of your "Gateau d'Anniversaire" ?
>
> Here it is.

I do a lot of stereo 3D stuff with POV. May I suggest you use the .JPS or
...PNS formats for stereo pairs? These are just .JPG or .PNG files, with the
images pasted side-by-side for cross-eyed viewing. Free software exists
(some in Java, so it's totally portable) which can show these files in a
variety of display methods and technologies: free fusion, anaglyph glasses,
LCD flicker glasses, etc.  There is even a Stereoscopic Movie player.

If you use IE, there is a free plugin called Depthcharge which handle .JPS
and .PNS files.

Have you seen the StereoPOV patch? It renders both images simultaneously and
can even cope with Jittering in Antialias, because it maintains a stereo
cache. Unfortunately, it's only equivalent to POV 3.5.

I'll try to post an example...

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'spiralstaire3.jps.jpg' (134 KB)

Preview of image 'spiralstaire3.jps.jpg'
spiralstaire3.jps.jpg