POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Kepler Solar System Take 3 : Re: Kepler Solar System Take 3 Server Time
8 Aug 2024 12:21:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Kepler Solar System Take 3
From: PM 2Ring
Date: 11 Jul 2005 22:25:01
Message: <web.42d3267b100c4809ad93754b0@news.povray.org>
"Thomas de Groot" <t.d### [at] internlnet> wrote:
> Hi all!
>
> Next version of Kepler's Solar System. A lot of tweaking of textures;
> area_light; better Sun; Mercury's orbit (which I forgot!) the outer shell
> being Saturn; nailing of the original to the back wall; portrait of Kepler
> on the side wall.
>
> Thinking about the next steps....
>
> Thomas

Very nice! I've thought of modeling this one myself for years, but I've
never gotten around to it.

I want to see this scene in 3D... will you be making the source available?

Johannes would be proud of you. I'm pretty sure he drew the original artwork
himself. FWIW, they have this book at my local library. Kepler is an
absorbing writer, even if some of his ideas seem a little strange to modern
readers.