POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : What is 'minimalism'? : Re: What is 'minimalism'? Server Time
8 Aug 2024 12:19:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: What is 'minimalism'?
From: Lonnie
Date: 10 Jul 2005 15:10:01
Message: <web.42d17215724857f1328c25a60@news.povray.org>
"St." <dot### [at] dotcom> wrote:
> Or rather, as I haven't done anything like minimalism, (at least I don't
> think so with my images), would this be a minimalist image?
>
>    ~Steve~

I wouldn't consider your image to be minimalist. The best definition I can
find describes the movement as reducing art to the absolute minimum number
of colors, shapes, textures, etc. that will get the idea across. A black
cross on a white background would be a good example.  An interesting
concept for an artist using a ray tracer.  If anything, art done with all
the power of POV-Ray could be considered "Maximalist!"