POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : er...fishing for some help [70 Kb] : Re: er...fishing for some help [70 Kb] Server Time
8 Aug 2024 12:17:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: er...fishing for some help [70 Kb]
From: gonzo
Date: 7 Jul 2005 16:45:00
Message: <web.42cd934fabe3fcaaa0c272b50@news.povray.org>
"Rene Bui" <ren### [at] freefr> wrote:
> Hi Jim !
>
> I think your model is a Grey Nurse Shark:
> http://www.epa.qld.gov.au/images/nature_conservation/grey_nurse_shark.jpg
> http://www.dinosoria.com/requin_taureau.htm
>

> Rene
> http://rene.bui.free.fr - online portfolio

You never know what you'll learn with POV!

The only sharks here with that distinct shape & double dorsal fin is the
sand-tiger.  After I saw the picture in your links I looked up the
gray-nurse and found its the same shark, just called different names in
different parts of the world.  Here's some photos that show the coloring
well...
http://www.arkive.org/species/GES/fish/Carcharias_taurus/more_still_images.html

It's funny, because we have nurse sharks here, but they don't look like
that, particularly the jaws and tail. Ours look like....
http://www.kidzone.ws/sharks/photos/nursepic1.htm

Well, now I'm halfway to combining two of my favorite pastimes; Pov-Ray &
diving.  Now all I have to do is figure out how to get POV running on my
Suunto dive computer...

RG