POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Toy Plane ~52 kb : Toy Plane ~52 kb Server Time
8 Aug 2024 14:20:16 EDT (-0400)
  Toy Plane ~52 kb
From: Burki
Date: 1 Jul 2005 07:20:00
Message: <web.42c5263c91c377e94f17dd8d0@news.povray.org>
Hi all,
this plastic toy plane always stands on my monitor, so I thought it was time
to model it with Wings3D. It lasted some time to figure out how to apply
the logo onto the wing...
You normally get this plane as a present when you depart from Hamburg
Airport, but this one I found in a geocache nearby called "Runway"

The plane is sitting on a cube with image_ and bump_map from a screen copy
of the airport's web site.
Exporting with the Povray-Plugin in Wings3D didn't work, but via
Wavefront.obj and Poseray it was fine. The logo for the wing I made with
Corel Draw.

Rendered in less than two minutes as there is only one point light and no
photons nor radiosity.

Not a great work, but perhaps you like it,

Bu.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'toy_plane.jpg' (52 KB)