POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Double planetoid WIP 3 : Re: Double planetoid WIP 3 Server Time
8 Aug 2024 14:18:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Double planetoid WIP 3
From: Bill Pragnell
Date: 29 Jun 2005 07:35:01
Message: <web.42c286fd522f1a87731f01d10@news.povray.org>
Ger <No.### [at] ThankYou> wrote:

> I did like the gray-ish look of the rock better ;)
I thought some contrast between the two tetrahedra was needed. I might try
an "inverse" version with a gray/white rock and a redbrick building to see
which is  better... if my CPU can shoulder the burden!

> > Still to do: something subtle in the background. I don't know what yet.
>
> A tough call because it shouldn't draw the attention away from the rock.
> Maybe a very sparsely populated starry sky
Several people have suggested a starfield... I personally favour a bright
sky blue. Again, I may have to produce several versions to see which works
best... A dusky starfield with no direct light source but the sky (or maybe
moonlight) could look *really* good.

> > Time for trace: 79 hours 55 minutes 50 seconds.
> Patience is a virtue :)
Not really. I left it on my office machine over the weekend!

> Overall I think it looks very very good
Thanks!

Bill