POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Double planetoid WIP 3 : Re: Double planetoid WIP 3 Server Time
8 Aug 2024 14:16:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Double planetoid WIP 3
From: JYR
Date: 28 Jun 2005 20:20:00
Message: <web.42c1e8f9522f1a876a3607400@news.povray.org>
> Hello again everyone.
Hi!

> I'm pretty happy with the colouring now, although I think I need to crank
> the radiosity up a little bit.
I second. I love the boulder's reddish hue. The whole scene probably needs a
brighter lighting, it is slightly dim as it is.

> I have two issues to ponder:
> Firstly, do I put holes in the rock where the buildings intersect it? Or
> not?
Judging from what i see now, i'd say "yes". I think it would really add some
mystery to the scene. As i have written before, now it looks like a
building on a rock. There is a distinct hierarchy. With holes in the
boulder, it'd be more of a coexistence.

> Secondly, there is still a slight problem with the overall scale.
Or is there? I think the proportions are fairly good already.

> My thought is that the windows could be slightly smaller
I believe the windows are presently consistent with the height between
floors.
Making them smaller would make the buildings appear hostile, thus lacking
contrast with the boulder.

> and the vegetation (very) slightly larger...
I agree that you could give it a try.

I really love this WIP and the way it's turning out. One tiny nitpick
though... but maybe i already told you about that one. I think the
frontmost edge of the boulder is too straight-in-the-middle. Maybe a slight
rotation of the whole thing around the y-axis to bring the left building
forward, and/or a slight rotation around the z-axis to break the vertical
edge.

JYR