POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : linux video encoder : Re: linux video encoder Server Time
1 Jul 2024 02:25:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: linux video encoder
From: Mike C
Date: 23 Jun 2005 17:55:00
Message: <web.42bb2eef2f8f4c60f5ae007b0@news.povray.org>
"Mike C" <the### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> "Greg M. Johnson" <gregj;-)565### [at] aolcom> wrote:
> > Any recs for apps to turn a stack-o-bitmaps into an MPG?
>
> There is a program, IMGCON, posted in povray.binaries.utilities, that has a
> linux version
<snip>

Apparently, I was mistaken when writing this message.  Apparently, imgcon
only creates avi's under Windows. =.="

As for compiling mplayer, there should be a debian compile script (read the
INSTALL or README in the mplayer source directory) for a deb that you can
install.  Or, you can read the docs for mplayer, and download the -dev
packages for the required libraries via apt-get and/or aptitude (that's the
way I did it).  Most of the required libraries (e.g. libpng0-dev IIRC) are
available through apt/dpkg, and will be found by mplayer's ./configure
script if installed that way.  At least that's what I found when using
Debian Woody (3.0) and Sarge (3.1); I don't know about any variants.  If
done right (you usually need a recent e.g. 3.4.x version of gcc, among
other utilities) then the compile + install is generally flawless.
Although if your machine is older, you have to be a bit patient.