POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : user level installation problem : Re: user level installation problem Server Time
28 Jun 2024 22:10:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: user level installation problem
From: Mike C
Date: 22 Jun 2005 18:15:00
Message: <web.42b9e2865a64e891f5ae007b0@news.povray.org>
"Greg M. Johnson" <gregj;-)565### [at] aolcom> wrote:
> "Nicolas Calimet" <pov### [at] freefr> wrote in message
> >  /usr/local/etc/povray/3.6 path is a povray
> > system path that is hardcoded in the program and therefore cannot be
> > changed
> > by the installation procedure
>

> Q: if I understand that right, does this doom installations to Knoppix
> persistent directories??

If memory serves me right, isn't the latest version of Knoppix supporting
persistant directories under all directories with some UnionFS thingie?

Either way, if all else fails, can't you just make a startup script that
makes a symlink from the hard-coded path to the user install directory?

Just my two cents.
~Mike C