POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : USS constitution and Civilization3 : Re: USS constitution and Civilization3 Server Time
8 Aug 2024 14:21:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: USS constitution and Civilization3
From: aaglo
Date: 21 Jun 2005 02:35:01
Message: <web.42b7b42188bc6c6648c045820@news.povray.org>
Alain <ele### [at] netscapenet> wrote:
> I recognised the ship without looking at the title of your post!
> I have a miniature model of that ship. The masts are much narower, particarly the
beaupre. The main
> mast is a little more to the back. The inter-mast sails are all trepezoidal, not
triangular.
> On my model, there are 16 canons sabords, plus 11 other canons on each sides.
> It's also equiped with extention sails placed on the ends of the booms, holded by
small floating booms.
> Nice modeling.
>
> Alain

Thanks :)
Yep, I know that the model isn't very highly accurate (like the thickness of
the masts). But that is for a reason: In the game I made the model for, the
ship is some 100 pixels long. In the game at that scale the thin masts
don't look good - i found thickening them made the ship look better.

Maybe I could sometime try to model this to a bit more detail (if I have the
time).

I've done some 180 models (and thus animated units) for civ3 with pov-ray -
ships, vehicles, artillery, humans, planes... and I'm still busy on that :)

Attached is a picture of some of the things I've done (all animated and
modelled with pov-ray)
Cheers.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: