POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Torture for CUP and Swapfile : Re: Torture for CUP and Swapfile Server Time
8 Aug 2024 16:24:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Torture for CUP and Swapfile
From: Burki
Date: 10 Jun 2005 11:10:01
Message: <web.42a9ace3aaa8f1f8d61e8c370@news.povray.org>
"Lonnie" <lon### [at] yahoocom> wrote:
> My first post in ages.  I had never tried rendering with photons, radiosity,
> and media at once.  I have a lot left to learn but pleased with my first
> real try at using these advanced features.  Hope you are too.  Render time:
> 3 days 11 hours on 2.1 G Athlon, but no real benchmark I was playing DVDs,
> surfing, etc.

      Dispersion! I love dispersion!

The light spots on the ground really look good.
Must have been difficult to balance the lighning. The constrast is really
high. I have never dared to do such a long rendering. I always fear that my
processor will go up in flames.

BTW: What / where is Alden, is this a place?

Yours,
Bu.