POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Double planetoid WIP (2) : Re: Double planetoid WIP (2) Server Time
8 Aug 2024 22:07:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Double planetoid WIP (2)
From: Bill Pragnell
Date: 8 Jun 2005 08:30:00
Message: <web.42a6e4a077c837aa731f01d10@news.povray.org>
"helge_h" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> Nice; I like it a lot.
Cheers!

> I think closer and wider angle is better, more 'sci-fi', and gives the
> feeling of a large object. And have you thought about the background? A
> huge asteroid field and a big planet maybe? With black background and
> starfield...
The background will be the last thing I do, I suspect. I'd quite like to
keep it sky blue, so that the shadowed areas look properly lit (adds
realism). I like the idea that it's floating, lost, in some infinite sky...

But there has to be something behind it. I was thinking of hazy planets in
the distance. A non-planetary atmospheric volume like Larry Niven's 'smoke
ring' (in his novel 'the Integral Trees') or Iain Banks' 'airspheres' (in
'Look to Windward').

But, as with the vegetation, I shall have to experiment.

Bill