POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Double planetoid WIP (2) : Re: Double planetoid WIP (2) Server Time
8 Aug 2024 16:21:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Double planetoid WIP (2)
From: JYR
Date: 7 Jun 2005 10:45:00
Message: <web.42a5b27d77c837aa6a3607400@news.povray.org>
"Bob Hughes" <bob### [at] charternet> wrote:
> but it didn't help keep me from seeing this scene as two individual
> parts glued together.

I, for one, suggest that this is exactly what this picture is about. A
double planetoid, two constructs of the same overall shape and size sharing
the same location in space, with implied competition, but not necessarily
interaction. Our idea of civilisation leads us to see buildings erected by
man on a boulder. But, you may see this as an independant human construct,
something akin to an orbital station, with a stone-like structure that grew
from its center, like a volcano that'd have suddenly erupted in the middle
of a field. This picture is a snapshot of a state of equilibrium between
both, thus the lack of visible interaction, just a stark line.

But, this is only my interpretation of this work ;)

JYR