POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Double planetoid WIP (2) : Re: Double planetoid WIP (2) Server Time
8 Aug 2024 16:23:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Double planetoid WIP (2)
From: JYR
Date: 7 Jun 2005 10:20:00
Message: <web.42a5ac8577c837aa6a3607400@news.povray.org>
Hi Bill!

> An update on my Escher print interpretation.

Glad to see the results of your work on this one! Here are my random
thoughts on its current appearance, i mean them as constructive criticism
and as encouragement.
I love the overall appearance, the boulder is very good, so is the level of
detail in the building. Some nice additions, the flagpoles, among others.
The walls texture looks good, otoh the lighting is a bit too strong
overall. I'd make the outer walls thicker maybe, right now they still have
a "cardboard" feel... The ground atop the buildings and bridges is a1. I
must confess i prefered the previous geometry for the bridges, one single
arch leaping above the boulder's edge. It enhanced the feeling that the
boulder's surface is a forbidden area - which it must be, since there are
no doors leading to it... In this respect, i would definitely NOT add
vegetation to the boulder... but you could try potted plants along with
people on the terraces. This would definitely enhance the contrast between
a hostile boulder and a man built life environment. In this respect, i'd
try darkening the boulder too.
Last (but not least), i like the zoom and perspective as it is. I believe
that a closer zoom with slight distortions on the edges gives a better
sense of landscape. Ok, i know i pushed this idea rather far in my "babel
tower"... :)

It's sure getting more and more interesting, please keep up the good work!!!

JYR