POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : The Grid [~50kb] : Re: The Grid [~50kb] Server Time
8 Aug 2024 16:22:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The Grid [~50kb]
From: Lenx
Date: 2 Jun 2005 16:00:00
Message: <web.429f63e0980273d02c19403f0@news.povray.org>
> The lighting in this is completely wrong... (I also did a metallic
> version; the lighting was completely wrong there too.) Also, I cannot
> make the glass look refractive.
>
> Oh well! It's not a terribly exciting scene anyway. :-/

the highlights on the plane from the refraction are very cool, you should
use them to improve the lighting. Also, contrast is too low i think because
everything seems to get lost in the black background. maybe add some small
sized phong to the texture to simulate a polished glass surface.
Maybe you could extend the plane so the background is not totally dark. I
like this image!