POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Hallway Table (~75k) : Re: Hallway Table (~75k) Server Time
8 Aug 2024 16:21:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Hallway Table (~75k)
From: Loki
Date: 2 Jun 2005 05:10:01
Message: <web.429eccb494ff263d62def2f0@news.povray.org>
Rick Measham <rickm*at%isite.net.au> wrote:
> This is one of the first completed scenes I've made that I'm happy with.
>   It was, of course, suggested by Loki's 'Radiosity from Ikea' picture.
> I decided one way to learn stuff was to pick a simple scene from a
> master and recreate it. The other concept I've stolen is Sylvain's
> wide-screen seen in 'Go, the lost game'

Oi, no more hall tables! ;)
Looks good Rick, the use of emissive lighting makes it more suggestive of an
evening scene I think, because of the slightly banded shadows around the
table.  It looks like it's that time of day when it's just going dusk
outside so there's plenty of scattered light from windows but you still
need the lights on in the house.

I like the look of these kinds of images you know.  I recently came across a
very interesting foyer in one of the university buildings in Manchester
(UK) which was just begging to be rendered: all shiny white tiles and high
white walls with interesting skylights.

-