POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Go, the lost game (58 k) : Re: Go, the lost game (58 k) Server Time
8 Aug 2024 16:23:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Go, the lost game (58 k)
From: JYR
Date: 31 May 2005 21:25:00
Message: <web.429d0d17e9186a516a3607400@news.povray.org>
Hi Sylvain!
Great pic! Here are some random thoughts about it. I love the pose and body
language of the character, her general mood shows. About the lighting, her
body appears "greyish" without a true black at the darkest spots (e.g. her
armpit). In contrast, the black pieces of the game and even her hair do
have strong black contrast. I'm totally unfamiliar with Poser characters,
is it possible that too high an ambient value be the culprit?
Very good lighting overall, with 2 very distinct sources, a warm one and a
blueish one. Very nice shadows on the wall, thus. Oh, and this floor is
gorgeous!
The unusual w/h ratio of your picture is very interesting, the empty space
on the right enhances the idea of departure. Now, the vase bothers me. It's
fairly bright for such a "zen" setting... and it creates a distracting
focal point right in the middle of your scene. Maybe try and move it
between the rightmost frame and the door?

JYR