POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Babel tower, v 2. : Re: Babel tower, v 2. Server Time
8 Aug 2024 18:15:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Babel tower, v 2.
From: JYR
Date: 28 May 2005 10:30:00
Message: <web.42987faa940aa4e76a3607400@news.povray.org>
"Bob Hughes" <bob### [at] charternet> wrote:
> Great work, JYR. The night view looked good, too, even though the overall
> building shape was eluding me until I saw this one. Really twists on my eyes
> to see the "tower". My attention gets drawn more to the maze-like appearance
> and loses me in it, but I wouldn't change the perspective from this anyhow!
>
> Bob Hughes

Many thanks! The perspective sure is unusual, i started with a plain camera,
then i realized the scene was lacking dynamism, and i wondered "how would
it look like if it was a aerial pic of an actual ancient building in the
National Geographic ?" My answer was ultra_wide_angle camera, i'm glad you
liked it too!
And, i second your thought about the maze-like appearance: in fact this can
be seen as a kind of 3 dimensional maze.

JYR