POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Demo Image of Lathe Segments Macro : Re: Demo Image of Lathe Segments Macro Server Time
8 Aug 2024 18:18:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Demo Image of Lathe Segments Macro
From: Dave Dunn
Date: 23 May 2005 08:55:00
Message: <web.4291d257c6c1fb6effb80bcc0@news.povray.org>
"Bob Hughes" <bob### [at] charternet> wrote:

> Gee, so good to know you're still out there. I stopped using POV-Ray for a
> month or two, awhile back; computers, too. Not going to any live chats has
> made online life boring. I'm just not looking for any live chats anyway, so
> pretty much my own fault. Please say a "hi" for me to RENRAD1, CybrJACK, Jim
> and whoever else is there at those POV Chats.
>
> Bob Hughes

Hey Bob, glad to see that you are still around the POV forum. The problem,
you may have noticed, is with a "too few points in prism" error when using
cubic_spline in flat segments mode. The smooth option will work with cubic
splines, as long as you double the first and last points (POV purists take
note - this generally works in place of using the third from last and third
points, and is easier to implement). Feel free to make mods to the macro,
as I believe it is something that could be a lot of fun in the right hands.
As for the AOL gang, e-mail me and I will catch you up. -- Dave.

//Dave Dunn - hos### [at] aolcom
#local D = union { torus {1,.1 clipped_by {plane {-x,0}}} sphere
{<0,0,1>,.1} sphere {<0,0,-1>,.1} cylinder {<0,0,-1>,<0,0,1>,.1} pigment
{rgb .8} finish {ambient .5 reflection {.5}} rotate x*-90 translate
<-.5,.5,5>} object {D} object {D translate <.5,-1,0>} plane {y,-2 pigment
{checker rgb 1, rgb 0 scale 5} finish {ambient .5}}