POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Babel tower, v 2. : Re: Babel tower, v 2. Server Time
8 Aug 2024 18:19:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Babel tower, v 2.
From: JYR
Date: 18 May 2005 09:40:00
Message: <web.428b44d6940aa4e76a3607400@news.povray.org>
Florian Brucker <tor### [at] torfboldcom> wrote:
> I like it very much.
Thanks!

> Two things I'd change are the sand texture (looks
> more like whipped cream with honey, IMHO :)
lol! My desert looks like a dessert... lets set the followup to
povray.recipes.pastries! More seriously, you are definitely right,
basically i had some granite texture to the sand, but then i boosted the
lighting to get some highlights in the sand on the left, and the texture
kind of vanished...

> and the placing of the
> tower. Placing it near the border of the image and perhaps lying a
> single sphere outside it in the desert would give the image some kind of
> story. But keep that piece of horizon visible, that's really nice!
I'm pretty happy with the small piece of sky, i believe it gives a sense of
immensity to the pic. Now, the tower is too much "in the center"... Thanks
for the suggestions, right now a night view is rendering, i had some
trouble to get a dim lighting right, but i believe it should now be ok.

JYR