POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Babel tower, v 2. : Babel tower, v 2. Server Time
8 Aug 2024 18:21:22 EDT (-0400)
  Babel tower, v 2.
From: JYR
Date: 17 May 2005 16:00:01
Message: <web.428a4c5d563b00e96a3607400@news.povray.org>
Hi all!
This is an enhanced version of my WIP "babel tower". Now with :
* a sky,
* no annoying darker ring close to the horizon,
* an area_light instead of a point light,
* no sand flooding the lowermost cells,
* glowing beads more randomly distributed instead of being just stuck in 1
out of 3 corners in their cells,
* a more convincing normal for the walls.

Rendering time : 36 h 20 min on an AMD Athlon XP 2800+. I had to lower
somewhat the radiosity settings so that it would not take one week to
render. No artifacts that i can truly notice, except for the slight shadows
right at the foot of the tower on the left. It definitely looks more
"sundrenched" than v 1. I'll have to render a "night time" version of it...
this is my next item on the to-do list. Otoh, i might start working on
something else before... Oh, i forgot to say: comments are, as always, very
welcome!!!

JYR

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'babel5_v2_haute_resolution.jpg' (420 KB)

Preview of image 'babel5_v2_haute_resolution.jpg'
babel5_v2_haute_resolution.jpg