POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : double planetoid (WIP) : Re: double planetoid (WIP) Server Time
8 Aug 2024 18:17:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: double planetoid (WIP)
From: Bill Pragnell
Date: 17 May 2005 09:25:00
Message: <web.4289f090d05ec785731f01d10@news.povray.org>
> Very nice, it's a very 'touchable' looking model, but what is the scale of
> the image? Obviously placing some sized objects like the trees will
> give it an immediate scale, so maybe that will correct itself.  Also
> perhaps some more small-scale roughness of the boulder?
Yes, that's my intention. I find that clearly recognizable objects or
features always help with scale. Trees, shrubbery and people will hopefully
make all the difference. There's also a crackle paving pattern on the
floors, but it's pretty much invisible at this resolution.

>  Did you use a poly mesh for the buildings or is it all CSG?
Good ol' CSG. It's one of those scene files that nobody else could ever
comprehend... :)

Bill