POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : double planetoid (WIP) : Re: double planetoid (WIP) Server Time
8 Aug 2024 18:19:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: double planetoid (WIP)
From: JYR
Date: 17 May 2005 09:05:01
Message: <web.4289ebbad05ec7856a3607400@news.povray.org>
"Loki" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> "Bill Pragnell" <bil### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> > Comments?

I love it! as an Escher fan myself, i always love to see his work continued
in raytracing. I think you got the proportions right, and the lighting is
vivid, creating strong, realistic contrast. As for the "toy model" look,
i'd suggest either a very slight fog, or a more diffuse lighting maybe? Or,
we just need to wait and see further work done on the sky :) I'd love to
see a light source right behind the planetoid and a very shallow media
casting a halo around it... Just my random thoughts on your pic. Very good
starting point, whatever way you go, i long to see the results!