POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Finally my isosurface POVCOMP 2004 entry has finished rendering.. : Re: Finally my isosurface POVCOMP 2004 entry has finished rendering.. Server Time
8 Aug 2024 18:14:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Finally my isosurface POVCOMP 2004 entry has finished rendering..
From: s day
Date: 17 May 2005 07:25:00
Message: <web.4289d35c1d2833ff5e797a6c0@news.povray.org>
"Ross" <rli### [at] everestkcnet> wrote:
> Well this clearly looks better than the entry for povcomp. I'm not sure if
> thats attributed to the isosurfaces or just the quality at which you
> rendered it. beautiful work!

I think you are right that it is partly down to a higher quality render
(resolution and focal blur settings) but I also think the isosurfaces add a
bit more to the textures (this could probably have been done almost as well
by using better surface normals than I had in the povcomp entry, I didn't
really do much work on the normals because I was planning to enter it with
the isosurfaces till I ran out of time..)
Thanks for the comments everyone, makes me glad I posted it :-) and yes the
Natural History museum is well worth a visit if you are in the UK.