POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : 3D Go : Re: 3D Go Server Time
8 Aug 2024 20:26:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 3D Go
From: stm31415
Date: 11 May 2005 19:45:01
Message: <web.4282987a8196c27c680225380@news.povray.org>
> Based on the idea, I started my own spaceship Go scene. I'll maybe post it
> tonight :) I know nothing about Go though, so the placement might be
> meaningless unless I copy someone's game.
>
> Your glow looks a bit better than mine at the moment. I tried making mine
> conic with some turbulence, but I've never tried making media that is
> actually supposed to *be* anything. It ended up looking like a light blue
> transparent cone. really nothing special. well, i'll have to play with it a
> little. I also just realized that you are using it to help indicate where
> the peice is. Mine are just for "lift". I may have to borrow your idea in
> that respect.
>
> Is there any difference in meaning between your red and blue glows? Nice
> work. I'd like to see it within a room or something. Someplace that it can
> show off some reflections, and maybe a little darker so we can see the media
> better.
>
> happy tracing,
> -r

At the moment I am using both the laser guides and ht elittle flames. Here
is a close up. They are all just hollow CSG with clear pigments and colored
emissive media (emission <500, 0, 0>, or the like). Here is a close up w/
focal blur.

Post yours when you have a good WIP-- I'd love to see. I've often thought it
 interesting to have multiple people work on very similar images. THe
little differences are much more visible.

-s
5TF!

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: