POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : lotw improved [280k] : Re: lotw improved [280k] Server Time
9 Aug 2024 03:22:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: lotw improved [280k]
From: Abe
Date: 10 May 2005 21:40:00
Message: <web.428161f42cf437b2171ffa390@news.povray.org>
I love the foreground! (It's often also the weak point in my own
landscapes.)

Regarding the mountains in the background, the vertical scaling looks
excessive. The realisim of traditional 1/f fractal noise as terrain starts
to break down at a width to hight scaling ratio of about 1:0.12. At least
to my eyes.

After reading some of the comments on the clouds I would observe, that if
there is a fault, it is in the color of the shadows which appear rather
flat and gray without capturing any of the blue sky color (ref the photos
posted earlier). There is also the curious instance where the the contrast
of the clouds appears to _increase_ with distance which is generally
contrary to the normal depth cue.

Abe