POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : lotw improved [280k] : Re: lotw improved [280k] Server Time
8 Aug 2024 20:23:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: lotw improved [280k]
From: stm31415
Date: 10 May 2005 08:40:00
Message: <web.4280aaf52cf437b2f746b6910@news.povray.org>

> > I am not yet satisfied with the background mountains (they don't seem
> > very realistic) so i consider changing them.

VERY nice. The foreground is incredible. The clouds are alittle off, but I
agree that the mountains on the left are at issue.

Yeah, I think the issue here is that they are very pointy (i.e. young,
geologically speaking) and yet very smooth (high erosion) The landscape
looks fairly dry, so unless you attest to high and constant winds (over a
disproportionate amount of time) they are just too smooth. They want cracks
and boulders and stuff. Now, how to do that? I have no clue. But that's why
you're called Christoph, and when I'm called anything, I only get one lousy
letter ;)

-s

--
-s