POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.general : Is it just me.. : Re: Is it just me.. Server Time
17 May 2024 06:01:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Is it just me..
From: Loki
Date: 9 May 2005 13:35:00
Message: <web.427f9eb7330c67b4a28a2b050@news.povray.org>
"Tim Nikias" <JUSTTHELOWERCASE:timISNOTnikias(at)gmx.netWARE> wrote:
>But the IRTC always was (and hopefully always will be) about sharing the
efforts.

I appreciate that it's a positive thing to want to share tips and techniques
with others - after all, we do that here all the time - it's just that it
is the Internet Raytracing *Competition* after all.  As I said, I didn't
intend to be rude to anyone; new users should take encouragement from the
fact that there is a competition that they are welcome to enter and that
they will get their work viewed by people perhaps more experienced or more
technically able than they themselves.

As for the IRTC as a whole, I hope it can keep going strong.  One thing I
think might attract more interest from new POV users might be a 'most
improved artist' award for people who show a sustained development in their
abilities over successive rounds.

-