POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Project Suncatcher [WIP] : Re: Project Suncatcher [WIP] Server Time
8 Aug 2024 20:25:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Project Suncatcher [WIP]
From: Anthony D  Baye
Date: 9 May 2005 01:30:00
Message: <web.427ef543b25898d78a85f6810@news.povray.org>
emkaah <emkaah@yahoodotcom> wrote:
> Anthony D. Baye wrote:
> > I'll post the source in P.B.S.F. if anybody want's to play around with it.
> > I'd appreciate any suggestions or comments.
> >

> Well, I played around with it and this is what I got. I converted the
> media to textures and spared the media for the corona. The textures
> don't look as good as your media, but I think with some work they can
> look pretty convincing.
>
> You probably have to inverse the plane to make the stars visible. I like
> to use a sky sphere for starfields etc.; less trouble and stars
> everywhere where ever you point your camera.

That's Damn good.

The only problem will be making it look good up close, but with some
tweaking on the corona that shouldn't be much of a problem. (I say up close
because, obviously, Suncatcher will be in solar orbit.)

The only reason I didn't use the sky spere was because the stock starfield
in textures.inc is, well, a texture.  I just hadn't gotten around to
creating my own yet.

Thanx for the help.

ADB