POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : 3D Go : 3D Go Server Time
8 Aug 2024 20:30:03 EDT (-0400)
  3D Go
From: stm31415
Date: 8 May 2005 16:40:00
Message: <web.427e75b16ead19cae5a7165c0@news.povray.org>
Inpired by Sylvian's Goban, and by boredom, I made an SDL 3D Go game. It is
playable, i.e. you can make a move, and any stones that are captured will
be automagically removed, and you can save the game as a text file to send
to your opponent. It is also size-customizable, i.e. 19x19x1, for a classic
game, or 9x9x3, for a difficult 3D game, or 3x5x18 if you are feeling
wierd, or 100x100x72, or whatever.

I am pretty sure my stone-removing algorythm works, but if anyone wants to
play around with it, I can post it on p.b.s-f.

Might make for an interesting pov-pong match, if you had to play Go too, one
move per ping, and keep going until the game is finished. On the other
hand, it might start taking ridiculous time to render, too.  Any takers? ;)

Here's a 9x9x3 board, with some simple shapes. The lower right is the
smallest 2 eyed shape, the upper left is the 3D 'chunky five' equivalent
(black's in trouble), and the upper right is 3D Ko.

Playing (in general, but especially in 3D) makes my head hurt.

-s
5TF!

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: