POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Project Suncatcher [WIP] : Project Suncatcher [WIP] Server Time
8 Aug 2024 20:23:42 EDT (-0400)
  Project Suncatcher [WIP]
From: Anthony D  Baye
Date: 7 May 2005 01:55:01
Message: <web.427c55ce20ef07c98a85f6810@news.povray.org>
The first installment in a new project I'm working on.  This is actually a
scale model I did for concept purposes, the scale is way too small for the
purposes of my concept tho. (1 unit = 100000 miles)

I'll be trying to scale it up a little at a time.

One problem though, is that I used a sphere with a pair of scattering medias
to create the general luminosity pattern, then overlaid a universal media
to give it color.  The effect, while quite striking, renders the starfield
in the background completely invisible. (And yes, I do realize that at that
proximity to the sun, you probably wouldn't be able to see the stars
anyway, but It may interfere with other media effects in the scene later.)

I'll post the source in P.B.S.F. if anybody want's to play around with it.
I'd appreciate any suggestions or comments.

A.D.B.

------
If this little world tonight / suddenly should fall through space
in a hissing, headlong flight / shrivelling from off its face
as it falls into the sun, / in an instant every trace
of the little crawling things / ants, philosophers, and lice,
cattle, roaches, and kings, / beggars, millionares, and mice,
men and maggots all as one / as it falls into the sun...
Who can say but at the same instant / from some planet far
a child may watch us and exclaim / "See the pretty shooting star!"

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'suncatcher1.jpg' (208 KB)

Preview of image 'suncatcher1.jpg'