POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : user level installation problem : user level installation problem Server Time
28 Sep 2024 18:07:29 EDT (-0400)
  user level installation problem
From: AndrewC
Date: 6 May 2005 10:25:00
Message: <web.427b7d35341b56bfac3379a40@news.povray.org>
Install gives no errors, however, when I try to run povray I get the error
message:

"povray: cannot open the system configuration file
/usr/local/etc/povray/3.6/povray.conf: No such file or directory"

Followed by a text on usage.

During installation (via the 'U' route) my local povray directory was
specified. Looking at the .povray/3.6/povray.ini file the library paths
appear to be set up correctly as well.

The only oddity in installation is the line saying:

"POV-Ray does not seem to have been previously installed
on this system.  The installation created a default
povray.ini at:

  /usr/me/povray-3.6/etc/povray/3.6/povray.ini

which can be modified for individual requirements."

The installation did not create the mentioned directory/ini, but never gave
any error about it - nor do I see why it couldn't create said files.

Thanks in advance.

Andrew