POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Another one... : Re: Another one... Server Time
8 Aug 2024 20:22:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Another one...
From: Loki
Date: 6 May 2005 07:45:00
Message: <web.427b589c30cd3814c63f2040@news.povray.org>
"Dre" <bla### [at] somewherecom> wrote:
> That is awesome!  How the hell did you do that????  (with respect to the
> what looks like some sort of media)  I seriously have no idea where to start
> (apart from maybe the columns, done something similar in the past)
>
> Good work!
>
> Dre

Cheers!
The columns are looped in 3 axes obviously.  Testure is pure reflection{0,1)
with a slightly low exponent, rendered with no lights.

Media was an emissive spherical distribution, rgb<1,1,2> at the centre with
a poly_wave falloff, exponent and scale set by experiment.  Turbulence was
applied as a warp{} at various scales to give that kind of scale-free fine
structure that makes it somewhat more realistic - i.e. not so smoothly CG.

Rendered with strong focal blur and, as I mentioned, no lights.  4 hours or
so.

@Slime - I'll post elsewhere to discuss the pong...

-