POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Grass experiment : Re: Grass experiment Server Time
8 Aug 2024 20:22:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Grass experiment
From: Loki
Date: 3 May 2005 16:00:01
Message: <web.4277d7d344fc155926557b5b0@news.povray.org>
Emerald Orchid <voi### [at] devnull> wrote:
> Heh. That must have taken a stupid amount of time to render... Looks
> good tho! (Altho the brown thing looks slightly stuck on - I can't work
> out why.)

Didn't take long actually, even with the focal blur.  The stone thing needs
some work, but I just wanted to put something in the scene alongside the
grass.  Apart from improving the general shape and textureof the blades the
next trick is variable blade lengths, and also I'd like to be able to
define areas within the grass patch which are flattened, as if objects
really are in contact with the blades.

-