POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : tricubic grid interpolation : tricubic grid interpolation Server Time
8 Aug 2024 22:13:44 EDT (-0400)
  tricubic grid interpolation
From: triple r
Date: 27 Apr 2005 15:35:01
Message: <web.426fe8e81ab4b7e3bba052d50@news.povray.org>
Fairly simple question, but potentially complex:
It works to an extent, but is the pictured scheme entirely correct for
tricubic interpolation?  I know there's no problem for linear interpolation
like this, but I'm not quite sure whether it can be extended to cubic.  I
think it would be possible to use the basis functions to find each point's
contribution to the interpolated value, but that can overshoot the data
(for a cfd simulation) so it is better to interpolate along a line if
possible - since it's easier to prevent overshooting with four points than
with 64.  Maybe (quite possibly) there's a better way yet.  Thanks.
 - Ricky

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'interp.jpg' (15 KB)