POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Potential flow : Potential flow Server Time
8 Aug 2024 22:14:08 EDT (-0400)
  Potential flow
From: triple r
Date: 24 Apr 2005 04:00:01
Message: <web.426b505e948b8e52b65aea320@news.povray.org>
Just thought it was a result worth sharing.  It is NOT CFD; it's just
inviscid potential flow (v=grad(phi) such that div(v)=0) over a CIRCLE with
a center at x=0.1, y=0.1, and through the point x=-1, y=0.  There's also
circulation and a flow angle of eight degrees from horizontal.  You apply
the conformal map z'=z+1/z (Ewww... complex variables), and you get
potential flow over a Joukowski airfoil.  A pretty surprising result,
really.  Well I was surprised anyway.  The pressure coefficient
distribution is plotted with thousands of tiny spheres since I can't for
the life of me figure out any inverse transformation for the map which
would allow for a function pigment.  Sorry for all the nerdspeak.

On a tangent: speaking of CFD, sorry I never got the code for my smoke
(p.b.a, back a couple months or so) simulation posted.  My C++ compiler is
broken since I reinstalled.  I could post it as-is if there is interest
though.

- Ricky

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: