POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Magazine Cover : Re: Magazine Cover Server Time
8 Aug 2024 22:10:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Magazine Cover
From: Dave Matthews
Date: 21 Apr 2005 11:35:01
Message: <web.4267c7e3947112e46d6b4fc50@news.povray.org>
"stm31415" <sam### [at] cscom> wrote:
> If
> anyone knows a good way to texture an iso shell, I'd love to hear about it.

uv-mapping is the trick.  A good example (not textured) is included in Ingo
Janssen's MMMM include files (http://members.home.nl/seedseven/) for
param.inc.  This makes a Mesh2 shell from a parametric surface, so it's
easier to texture with uv-mapping.  There's also a plug-in for Moray (I've
never used Moray, myself), see:

http://news.povray.org/moray.win/thread/%3C3efd78fe%241%40news.povray.org%3E/

Only one other comment: Wouldn't the word in the footprint be backwards?  Or
is it backwards on the tread?  (More likely, artistic license....)

I like the composition and the idea!