POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Go Stones (WIP) : Re: Go Stones (WIP) Server Time
8 Aug 2024 22:10:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Go Stones (WIP)
From: Loki
Date: 16 Apr 2005 07:20:01
Message: <web.4260f4914b65755d6c47ab10@news.povray.org>
"Sylvain" <rem### [at] lapostenet> wrote:
> While looking for something simple to model with POV in order to learn how
> to use it, I came across my game of Go lying on the floor. My goal is to
> model a full Go board but, as someone has to start somewhere, I began with
> the Go stones (actually a squeezed sphere). Here is the result for remarks
> and comments !
> Sylvain

I don't know about your set, but my Go set has little ridges around the
stones 'equators' as if they have been made in two bits.  Have you tried
constructing the stones from two intersecting squished spheres rather than
just one?  Might make them look a little more physical.  Also they will
have been handled by human hands and the greasy marks on them will lead to
variations in the coefficients of specular roughness across their surfaces.
 Tried making a variegated 'finish' with small deviations in this?

-