POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Uh, you mean you people actually work like this? ;-) : Re: Uh, you mean you people actually work like this? ;-) Server Time
28 Sep 2024 18:12:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Uh, you mean you people actually work like this? ;-)
From: gonzo
Date: 13 Apr 2005 17:20:00
Message: <web.425d8ca130c3f35da0c272b50@news.povray.org>
"Greg M. Johnson" <gregj;-)565### [at] aolcom> wrote:
<snip>
> It's kind of like going to the banquet of the foreign dignitary and finding
> out that they really do eat puppies.  I don't mean to start a flame war or
> anything, I'm as much poking fun at my computer ignorance as what is likely
> your culture, of which it must be said, "Not that there's anything wrong
> with that" in true Krameresque fashion.
>
> I would ask.  This setup seems to work great for making a few iterative
> changes to a few files, but doesn't at this hour seem conducive to managing
> great slews of files in the way Window's  GUI version is capable of.   Am I
> wrong? Any tips? Any plans to GUI it?

Well, there are so many editors available for 'nix that you'll probably
never get a consensus, but qtPoveditor is nice, and comes with a render
button just like the win version.

Plus, it keeps track of user defined objects and variables, not just POV
keywords, so you can [tab] to complete instead of continually retyping;
#while ( Visiting_Dignitaries > 0 )
  object { Sauteed_Puppies translate Formal_Dining_Room_Table[ Place_Set
  [Current_Dignitary] ] }
  #declare Visiting_Dignitaries = Visiting_Dignitaries-1;
#end

;-)  RG