POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Blue Marble : Re: Blue Marble Server Time
9 Aug 2024 01:26:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Blue Marble
From: PM 2Ring
Date: 8 Apr 2005 14:15:00
Message: <web.4256c88c1db9339299ddb8130@news.povray.org>
Bonsai <bon### [at] b0n541net> wrote:
> PM 2Ring wrote:
> > This engraved glass globe was done using normals... and a little dispersion.
>
> Very nice. Is it possible to get the source or a bigger version for
> destop background?

Thanks, Alain, Bonsai and Spock for your kind comments. I'll try tomorrow to
post the source, Bonsai. The problem is recreating the exact parameters,
because both of those glass globes were done with the same scene file...
I'm getting close, but I'm too tired, ATM.

In the meantime, here's a slightly larger one, using crackle.

#declare Shiny = finish{specular 1 roughness 3e-5}

#declare Reflective =
finish{
  Shiny
  //brilliance 3
  reflection {0.01, 1 fresnel on }
  ambient 0.1 diffuse 0.1
  conserve_energy
}

#declare TGlass =
texture{
  pigment{rgbf 1}
  finish{Reflective}
}

#declare TOcean =
texture{
  TGlass
}

#declare TLand =
texture{
  TGlass
  //normal{granite .1 scale  .025 bump_size 1}
  normal{crackle 1 scale  .025 bump_size 5}
}

#declare TPlanet =
texture {
  image_pattern{