POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Question about image : Re: Question about image Server Time
9 Aug 2024 01:25:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Question about image
From: BassPlayer
Date: 7 Apr 2005 19:10:01
Message: <web.4255bcfc6a3c3a88472147240@news.povray.org>
andrel <a_l### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> I am not sure what you mean by more or less real, but you should at
> least use anti-aliasing to get rid of the 'staircases' and other
> artifacts.

Well, the thin ring on the top of the CD Player is supposed to be reflective
silver, but it looks pure white in the direct view, but looks metallic in
the reflection.

I'll try rendering it once with AA and see how it works.  However, while I'm
learning, I render everything w/o AA and other scenes I've tried (demos,
people's posts in here) still look better, so there's gotta be something
I'm missing in my SDL.