POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : another bench : Re: another bench Server Time
9 Aug 2024 01:21:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: another bench
From: Dave Matthews
Date: 7 Apr 2005 12:10:00
Message: <web.42555b12ff89cfc38c7259570@news.povray.org>
"scott" <sco### [at] spamcom> wrote:
> This was really just a texture test, but I thought I'd make it into a
> bench...

That's a really cool texture, but if you want the boards to look like
they're textured separately, you might displace them large random amounts,
then texture them, then replace them, or else displace the textures large
random amounts (I can't remember why I prefer the former, but I seem to.)

Is that just a normal, or is it an isosurface?

Dave Matthews