POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : A sphere (or two) and a checkered floor : Re: A sphere (or two) and a checkered floor Server Time
9 Aug 2024 01:23:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A sphere (or two) and a checkered floor
From: Dave Matthews
Date: 7 Apr 2005 11:00:00
Message: <web.425549fc79b43b928c7259570@news.povray.org>
Wow.  Welcome!

"PM 2Ring" <nomail@nomail> wrote:

> Still, I think my abilities as an artist (and sensibilities)
> have improved through raytracing.

I agree with that, completely.  Also, my powers of observation have improved
considerably, when I attempt to model some real-world thing.  I know that
artists have fantastic observational skills, but since my eye-hand
coordination is minimal, I now realize that I gave up careful observation
of many things in the world a while back.  It's like re-discovering an
unused muscle.  Sometimes it hurts, but when you can use it, you're amazed
at what you accomplish.

> Anyway, I understand that it's customary to make one's initial post a
> variation on the theme mentioned in the subject. Ok, here goes!

This is a very nice variation on the theme!

Dave Matthews