POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Another World (~500k) : Re: Another World (~500k) Server Time
9 Aug 2024 01:25:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Another World (~500k)
From: chaps
Date: 6 Apr 2005 04:25:00
Message: <web.42539c81c1c9e688624d32510@news.povray.org>
"Mienai" <Mienai> wrote:
> So I got bored and kicked this out all quick like.  For those of you
> unfamiliar, it's a recreation of an MC Escher engraving by the same name.
> I know I need to do something with the ground planes and the sky (I'm
> working on an image map for the sky right now but not sure of a good way to
> do the ground yet) but I'm not sure about the textures and lighting for
> everything else.  Any comments/recommendations are greatly appreciated.

I like the idea to have the sky and ground in 3 different orientations.
May be you could use a high field for ground model, but you may have an
issue with the ground seen from top (I don't like HF when they are too
close to the camera).

For symmetry, I would add an inverted arc on the left wall, or better,
remove one from the right one and reorient the floor, did you try it?

I'm waiting for your next post.

Pascal