POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : WIP: Mosquee : Re: WIP: Mosquee Server Time
9 Aug 2024 01:19:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: WIP: Mosquee
From: chaps
Date: 6 Apr 2005 01:45:01
Message: <web.42537625c018e60587fc66850@news.povray.org>
Bill Hails <bil### [at] europeyahoo-inccom> wrote:
> Love the colours, but I'm a bit confused about the little windows
> in the domes.

You are right, if I put the camera higher, these domes appear. I knew it,
but I thought it was not so obvious. I will try to fix this. By the way I
discovered how tricky is this structure, last time I visited such a
mosquee, I didn't notice it, I was only impressed by the space feeling.

> More realistic textures on the flat areas would help to blend the
> mosaics into the picture, of course you may only intend the plain
> textures as placeholders while you're working on the CSG.

For the moment there is no work on texture, I use only some pigment map, for
test, and some plain colors to retrieve various elements of CSG.

> As for the viewpoint, I think it comes back to those windows not
> revealing what you'd expect. I like the wide angle.

:op

> --
> Bill Hails
> http://thyme.homelinux.net/