POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Balls on plane, but NOT a first-ever-post! : Balls on plane, but NOT a first-ever-post! Server Time
9 Aug 2024 01:25:57 EDT (-0400)
  Balls on plane, but NOT a first-ever-post!
From: Loki
Date: 5 Apr 2005 12:25:01
Message: <web.4252bbb53321fa0083d0ba2c0@news.povray.org>
Here's a balls-on-plane image I used to fiddle with some blurred reflection
stuff, the aim being to give the balls some apparent weight, like ball
bearings or something rather than the common 'plasticky' mirror finish.
Still needs some work but looks OK I think.  The blurring is done with the
common small-normals trick, but I spent some time playing with the
reflective exponent to get the unusually stark reflections.

-

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'balls.jpg' (236 KB)