POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Math Help Requested : Math Help Requested Server Time
9 Aug 2024 01:28:11 EDT (-0400)
  Math Help Requested
From: Tim McMurdo
Date: 28 Mar 2005 17:20:00
Message: <web.424882237c2873a1acb32c570@news.povray.org>
I need help with the attached image. I am trying to make a loop of rope that
will follow the path outlined in red. I know the radius of the blue and
green circles as well as their centers. I will create a macro that creates
a clipped torus for the curved top and bottom. I will connect these tori
with cylinders to form the straight sides.

My problem.....

1. What angle should I use to clip the tori?

Once I know this, I should be able to find the distances from the ends of
the clipped tori to get the length and angles of the cylinders.

Tim

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'loop.jpg' (15 KB)